I recently came across a recipe to make Christmas ornaments out of flour and salt and decided to try it out today with my two kids ages 4 and 7. They were very easy to do and my kids absolutely loved making them!
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 1/2 cup of Salt
- 3/4 cups of Hot Water
- Cookie Cutters
- Things to decorate with. (We used washable paint, glitter glue, pom pom balls, and ribbon)
How to Make
- Mix the Flour, Salt, and Hot water together in a bowl.
- Spread mixture out on wax paper and cut out desired shapes with your cookie cutters. Use a toothpick to cut a hole towards the top in order to attach ribbon later to hang on christmas tree.
- Place these on a microwave safe plate and put in microwave for about 2-3 min. (Make sure you keep an eye on these to avoid overcooking)
- Once they have hardened in microwave, place them out to cool down. Once they are cooled then HAVE FUN AND DECORATE AS DESIRED
This recipe made us 8 different ornaments to decorate.